This week we:
* worked on 2 blends: th and sh. Th is the rude h brother and sh is quiet! The sounds we have worked on are Mm, Nn, Ff, Vv, Pp, Bb, Aa, Ii, Tt, Dd, Cc, Kk, Uu, Gg, Oo, Ee, Ss, Zz, Jj, Ll, Rr, Ww, Hh, Yy, long vowel sounds, blends: th, sh.
* read and predicted with Easter stories.
* tested our popcorn words. We are close to having students know all of the words! We found these words and others in stories that we read. Our words so far are: I, like, the, and, at, see, can, on, we, a, am, to, was, have, by, in, as, from, come, me, with, my, you, what, are, now, his, of, is, how, find, this, will, be, play, make
* reviewed addition and subtraction
* had an Easter celebration by doing different learning activities with a rotation of teachers! We even got to shoot catapults!!
* welcomed a new student, Kaylee! She has fit right in!
Highlights for next week:
* We will be reading and learning about plants.
* Pathways letter - h brothers (th, ch, wh, sh)
* Popcorn words - said, that
* Ready Math Unit : measurement
We will have gym on Thursdays from now on.
We will have library Wednesday from now on.
April 20 - Speedy Spoofhound 5K and Fun Run
April 18-22 Easter Break
May 3 - Kindergarten trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha
May 10 - Park Day
May 13 - Kindergarten music concert and graduation at 6 pm
May 17 - Field Day
May 23 - Last day with early dismissal
Follow us on Twitter @MaryvilleECC