Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch us, we're the kindergarten clan!
This week, we:
* read stories and were able to compare and contrast many versions of the gingerbread man (and girl). We talked about characters, setting, and plot.
* introduced a new letter, Hh. We also worked on nonsense words, our most common words, and capitalization. The words we have worked on are: the, and, & of. We can slide "ga" along with "da," "fa" and "ba." These sounds now slide into an ending consonant, making a 3 letter word. Your child should know the following upper and lowercase letters and the sounds they make: a, b, f, d, g, h.
* worked in our centers on symmetry, gingerbread man vocabulary, counting, and alphabetical order.
* worked on positions and shapes in math.
* celebrated Vesper's birthday!
Next week we will:
* center our literacy around Christmas.
* compare shapes in math.
* work with the letter Jj.
* begin quarter testing (Can you believe we're almost through first semester already?!)
* December 9 - No School for Staff Development
* December 20 will be an early dismissal (12:20)
* December 23-January 6 - No School
* January 20 - No School