This week we:
* introduced "what's your name 'e". We will be adding cvce words to our list of things we can read and write now! The sounds we have worked on are Mm, Nn, Ff, Vv, Pp, Bb, Aa, Ii, Tt, Dd, Cc, Kk, Uu, Gg, Oo, Ee, Ss, Zz, Jj, Ll, Rr, and long vowel sounds
* had so much fun with science! We read stories about the weather and performed experiments. We went through the steps of the scientific method, too!
* worked on our popcorn words. We added this & find. We only have 12 words left this year. I will begin checking to see if there's a popcorn prince or princess among us to dance on our tables! Our words so far are: I, like, the, and, at, see, can, on, we, a, am, to, was, have, by, in, as, from, come, me, with, my, you, what, are, now, his, of, is, how, find, this
* count teen numbers
* are writing, writing, writing! We are going to be ready for first grade!
* practiced a bus evacuation drill on Friday
* got to share our progress with you. These kids can really shine!
Highlights for next week:
* Pathways letter - Ww
* Literacy Topics - insects
* Popcorn words - will, be
* Ready Math Unit : make teen numbers
We will have gym on Monday.
We will have library Friday.
April 20 - Speedy Spoofhound 5K and Fun Run
April 18-22 Easter Break
May 3 - Kindergarten trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha
May 13 - Kindergarten music concert and graduation
Follow us on Twitter @MaryvilleECC