This week we:
* practiced a new vowel sound, Uu. We are naming vowels & reading and writing 3 letter words. The sounds we have worked on are Mm, Nn, Ff, Vv, Pp, Bb, Aa, Ii, Tt, Dd, Cc, Kk, Uu
* read stories about winter and snow. We made connections and comparisons between texts.
* worked on our popcorn words. We added come and me this week. Our words so far are: I, like, the, and, at, see, can, on, we, a, am, to, was, have, by, in, as, from, come, me.
* began new literacy groups in other classrooms. Students are able to work at their own learning levels.
* addition to 5
* began small group work in math. This time is helping us individualize instruction in math.
* had a new student join us last week. Her name is Evernoel.
* celebrated Shaelynn's & Jett's birthdays
Highlights for next week:
* Pathways letter Gg
* Literacy Topic - Snow, drawing conclusions, using sensory words
* Popcorn words - with, my
* Ready Math Unit : understanding subtraction
We will have gym Wednesday
We will have library Thursday
January 11 - Snowball Fitness Event
January 21 - No School
January 30 - Projected 100th day of school
February 4 & 18 - No School
February 19-22 - Book Fair
Follow us on Twitter @MaryvilleECC