This week we:
* built "vowel hill" in Pathways. We practiced making all of the vowel sounds, starting with a big smile. We noticed how our chin drops as we make the sounds until our mouths are wide open. After practicing the sounds, we began working on the short sound that Aa makes. We have now covered the following sounds: Mm, Nn, Ff, Vv, Pp, Bb, Aa
* read stories about Thanksgiving. These were a mixture of fiction and nonfiction texts. We will continue these next week!
* worked on our popcorn words. We added the word "have" this week. Our words so far are: I, like, the, and, at, see, can, on, we, a, am, to, was, have. Sight word cards were sent home on Tuesday (although "have" was not included) to practice at home.
* in our literacy/math centers, we worked on reading/writing, popcorn words, beginning sounds, number recognition, counting, and number writing
* comparing numbers within 10.
* celebrated Kenisyn's birthday. We get to celebrate Levi's birthday next week.
* celebrated a "stinky feet" day as a class reward.
* Zero the Hero left us a fun Thanksgiving task to celebrate the 60th day of school.
Highlights for the week of November 26:
* Pathways will focus on the letter and sound of Ii.
* Literacy Topics - Gingerbread, comparing/contrasting text, making connections
* Popcorn words - in, by
* Ready Math Unit : make 10
We will have library on Tuesday after break.
We will have gym Wednesday after break.
November 21, 22, 23 - No School for Thanksgiving break
December 10 - No School (Staff Development)
Follow us on Twitter @MaryvilleECC