Welcome to kindergarten! It was a fabulous first couple of days!
This week, we:
* learned routines
* learned expectations
* practiced fine motor skills with cutting, pasting, writing, and painting!
* read stories about kindergarten
* practiced sorting expected versus unexpected behaviors
* will continue reading books about back to school, along with character education
* will begin our phonemic awareness series
* will begin our math series (iReady) with the topic of "understanding counting"
* will celebrate Miguel's birthday!
* begin exploring the alphabet, beginning with A-E
* Please make sure your student has a towel or small blanket to rest with. These will be kept at school and sent home on Fridays to be returned on Monday!
* Please make sure to empty your child's folder daily & send any notes/important information in the folder. I check these daily, but do not go through their backpacks.
* NO School days: September 2 & September 9
* I will do hard copy newsletters the first 4 weeks of school. If you didn't already tell me at Open House, please let me know if you would like to continue to receive a paper copy. Otherwise, I like to save paper by having it online!