This week was all about our weather! Here's a look at what we worked on in class.
THIS WEEK WE:
* read nonfiction stories about the weather throughout the year. We also enjoyed Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. We even wrote about the kind of weather we WISH would fall out of the sky.
* practiced finding our most common words and writing A LOT of things from weather to our 3 letter words.
* worked on the letter Ii. Our letters up to this point are: i, a, b, f, d, g, h, j, l, m, e, n, p, r, s, o, t, v, w, x, y, u, q, z. Any two letters should be able to be read by your child in any slide combination of a consonant and a vowel. In addition, any of these letters can be combined to be read as a three letter word. Our most common words that your child needs to be able to read are: are, as, his, with, a, and, for, he, it, is, in, on, of, that, to, the, was & you.
* adding and subtracting within 10
* worked in our centers on sentence writing, addition, and word families
* attended an assembly about Summer Journey
* begin quarter testing
* We will continue to center our literacy around the topic of weather.
* Letters c/k
* Sight words: are, as, his, with
* Math topic is word problems with unknown addends.
* April 10 - 14 - No School
* April 14 - Conferences (as needed)
* April 18 - Speedy Spoofhound 5K & Fun Run
* April 29 - Art Show
* May 11 - Kindergarten program and graduation