Character Trait for May - - Patience: the ability to remain calm and wait for what you want.
This week we:
* spent character time in many different ways. We had a visit from Eddie the Eagle about gun safety and Mrs. Deering with a story about patience. We had our May assembly regarding patience, and we prepared gifts for Mother's Day.
* read fiction and non-fiction stories about zoo animals. We are PUMPED and ready for the zoo adventure on Friday!
* did a lot of testing to finish up our fourth quarter. Progress reports will be coming home on the 23rd.
* congratulated Bentlee, our most recent Popcorn Prince!!
Highlights for next week:
* end of the year wrap up with stories and memory books
* composing & decomposing numbers to 20, money
* "wh" sound, vowel review and practice
* special events: Field Day is on Wednesday and our picnic day at Happy Hollow is on Friday
Snacks next week: Jaedyn, Jayden, Angelina, Adriana
ALSO THANKS TO OUR PARK TREAT VOLUNTEERS!!
May 16 - Field Day (the 17th is our rain date)
May 18 - Kindergarten Picnic at Happy Hollow Park
May 22 - Transition Day (We will get to meet our first grade teachers.)
May 23 - Last Day (1/2 day)